Sunday, January 3, 2010

Baking

I tried making Blueberry Scones tonight because I love the ones from Starbucks and could eat them all the time(I like all scones actually, but these have drugs in them or something because some mornings I wake up craving them). The actual Starbucks recipe is no where to be found so I found one that claimed to be similar. Now, either I'm bad at baking (most likely answer) or the recipe is a lie. They were just not what I wanted. The dough came out more soft then flaky and they weren't as sweet as I wanted. My mom liked them how they were, but I came out of her womb so she is slightly biased. My dad ate two, but it was because he was hungry and they were out. When I called him out on this he admitted it was true, but also said if they were awful he wouldn't eat them at all. I was not happy with them, but at least they will be consumed.

I do not enjoy cooking. I'm not exactly opposed to it, but when I am doing it there is no joy or passion. It's just another process. This tells me that I am not meant to go into cooking or baking of any kind. I already knew this, but it's kind of like tasting something you hated as a kid to make sure you still hate it. Like soda or anything orange cream flavored.
My mom thinks cooking will grow on me. She also says that about red wine, but do you ever see me with a glass of wine in my hand? No.
It must just be that I am not meant to enjoy the finer things in life.

5 comments:

  1. She also says that about red wine, but do you ever see me with a glass of wine in my hand? No.

    Okay, whatever you say.

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32107160&id=36105046

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the finer things in life include red wine, or any wine for that matter, then I am clearly not cut out for the finer things lifestyle. Also 3 comments on the same post: overdoing it? Hopefully not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, they all just made me laugh out loud. 3 may be too few.
    Okay so I will occasionally drink wine OUT OF A BOX. Which is not very fine, but will have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tour de franzia! (I'm assuming, since I can't see the photo because I don't have facebook).

    I don't know if you want to try your hand at baking one more time, but if they weren't flaky enough, add more butter to the batter.

    ReplyDelete