Monday, March 1, 2010

Eyes Wide Open

I am wide awake. Some of my alertness is probably a result of the addy (well most of it), but some of it is from this appellate brief. I am wildly getting into it. It's like a puzzle, a puzzle where I get to argue.
It's actually kind of fun to take the facts from analogous and distinguishing cases and apply them to the facts of my case. Then I get to analyze why the other side and lower court is wrong-I am super good at pointing out why things are wrong. Furthermore, shaping my argument so that it sounds passionate, but removed enough to be legit feels so professional. And by representing the defendant I get to sit on my high horse and remind everyone of the importance of people's 4th Amendment rights.
Every word choice is pivotal. We took an hour to write two sentences and I don't even mind.

It's rewarding to be so into this, it means that I may be really onto something here with this law school thing.
There is a caveat though, it's fun now with all the cases and information in front of me, but I can't forget the hell of research. What are the chances of getting a law clerk as a starting attorney?

1 comment:

  1. I know this post is old, but I'm just now coming across it and it makes me all excited for you. How exhilarating is it to get to apply your natural abilities to academics/your career? We're lucky to have passions that fuel futures and careers that will also pay our bills.

    Well, yours will undoubtedly pay your bills faster than mine, but still.

    ReplyDelete